When it gets colder outside, fun activities with the family can often be put on hold. Whether you drive or use public transport to travel to your destination, it’s not surprising that your journey can be full of unpleasant surprises like delays due to bad autumn weather or even the odd leaves on the track!
And let’s not forget that if you drive, there is always that annoying inability to have a warming baileys coffee!
Save yourself the hassle and book one of our Essex Cabs.
Here’s a list of our favourite places in Essex to visit this Autumn:
- If you don’t mind embracing the cold, a visit to Southend-on-Sea with the family is a brilliant choice. With a selection of attractions and plenty of classic British fish and chips and restaurants, you can easily enjoy a full day here.
- Essex has a huge selection of Zoos, farms and animal centres. Did you know that a variety of the Zoos actually have certificates of excellence? The majority are located in and around Colchester and Chelmsford, all of which are easily accessible using our Chelmsford Cabs.
- Prefer to stay inside with the UK’s unpredictable weather? If you enjoy theatre, there’s plenty of hidden gem’s and shows – without having to travel as far as London. Many towns in Essex are proud to feature their own version of the west-end, such as Hornchurch, Westcliff-on-Sea and Clacton-on-Sea.
- If you’re lucky enough to find yourself out on a mild autumn day, check out one of Essex’s many gardens and parks. Using one of our Taxis Essex, you can visit Here, you can take a walk down to a historical castle in the middle of the town centre or visit the famous gardens.
- If you’d prefer to visit a less busy location, try Leigh-on-Sea’s nature reserves, Basildon’s country park or Tiptree’s famous Tea Room.
- Although Essex has a wide variety of outdoor activities to enjoy, it also boasts some of the best shopping centres in the South East so be sure to spend an afternoon relishing in some retail therapy. West Thurrock features a large shopping centre comparable to London’s Westfield, Chelmsford has a brand new John Lewis store and a large parade of new bars and restaurants to sample and if you’re looking for outlet stores, why not try Braintree’s Freeport?
Finding parking spaces, worrying about driving home and topping up your carpark tickets can be a real burden on your day. At our Essex cab company – Ace Cabs, our priority is making sure you have the most stress-free experience possible, so give us a call and we’ll take the hassle out of your travels.